Content Warning

Greetings and Salutations.
Because my stories have bite, they can contain content that isn't suitable for work or children. Not a lot of truly graphic sex or violence, but there are some questionable or heated posts. F-bombs are not uncommon, so watch your footing.

Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Movie Review - Morning Glory

I know one is not supposed to judge books by their cover, nor movies by their posters. Yet, there is a bit of a language to posters/covers that gives you a glimpse into the contents. A bloody skull probably wouldn't work for a superhero movie, amirite?

Which meant the poster I saw on Amazon Prime for Morning Glory had me expecting a RomCom. Rachel McAdams is a fun actress, Patrick Wilson is kinda hot, so I thought I'd give it a go to kill some time and make some noise.

It is not a romantic comedy. There is an element of romance, used to show how dedicated this woman is to work, and some of her insecurities. But the real story is about her pursuing a dream and butting heads with Harrison Ford.

This is a comedy, an actually funny one, thus there are certain suspensions of disbelief needed. Nothing too drastic, and easy to accept and gloss over. Nothing that really breaks the narrative, leaving you thinking that the situation only happened to create a cheap joke.

I felt a little uplifted and happy with the ending. Kinda got me in the feels, put a smile on my face. I am glad I watched it, especially since I don't remember it when it came out almost a decade ago. You should watch this one when you want to be put in a good mood.