Content Warning

Greetings and Salutations.
Because my stories have bite, they can contain content that isn't suitable for work or children. Not a lot of truly graphic sex or violence, but there are some questionable or heated posts. F-bombs are not uncommon, so watch your footing.

Monday, September 4, 2017

Where'd I go? Health issues

So, I've been gone for a while. Someone somewhere has probably wondered why.

Well, I was diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes almost three years ago. I'd been having health problems before them, including a mental breakdown, all of which I think were related to unchecked diabetes. I really couldn't handle anything, and I went into hiding.

I couldn't even write anymore. I couldn't focus, I was too depressed, and I simply had no passion for the words anymore. I've been trying off and on for the last year, but it really hasn't been working out well.

I can't say as I'm truly back, because my type of diabetes is a rare version called Fragile. My sugars are so wonky, I can think too hard and become hypoglycemic.

But I'm working on a serial story with my husband, and I'm really enjoying it. I haven't enjoyed writing in so long, haven't felt genuinely excited about it in so long, that I'm rather surprised by how much progress I've made since we started in February.

In the meantime, I think I'll start posting stories that have sat neglected, that have lingered in a notebook for far too long.

Enjoy, and maybe I'll keep surprising you.