Content Warning

Greetings and Salutations.
Because my stories have bite, they can contain content that isn't suitable for work or children. Not a lot of truly graphic sex or violence, but there are some questionable or heated posts. F-bombs are not uncommon, so watch your footing.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Mom

I miss my mom.

I don't talk about her often, here or in real life, but she was very important to me, and she was gone too early. There's so much I wish she were here to see.

The first six months after her death were hard, as I kept thinking of something I wanted to tell her, or something she would laugh about. Time has eased those wounds, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be nice to have her physically around.

She is here though, every day, in my heart, mind and personality. She's the one who gave me my craving to learn, and encouraged my explorations. She didn't hold me back or hide things from me. She always told me to find out for myself, and not just blindly accept what someone else says.

Much of what I am is because of ow she raised me. Especially that part that hates algebra. 8P

So if yours is still around, go hug your mom.