Sunday, May 15, 2011

One of my hobbies

I'm a creative person, and that extends past my writing. My mom encouraged me to have hobbies and to do things from when I was a wee thing, and it's stuck with me.


Embroidery and crochet are some of my textile hobbies. And I love painting miniature gaming figures. But those will have to come up in a different post.




<--- These are some shoes I hand painted and have up for sale on my Etsy.






Why did I start painting shoes? Because a pair of shoes I wanted never got made, so I never got to have them. Instead of settling for something else, I decided to make my own. Then I could have exactly what I wanted, and it would be unique.

Fun stuff, huh?



So I turned my comfy Airwalks into walking pieces of art. Eye catching and different, they certainly stand out.

It's also something I can be commissioned to do. Check out the custom shoes in my Etsy for more details.

3 comments:

  1. Love this hobby of yours. Very cool and what a great way of making your shoes unique. Going to look at your Etsy page.

    I want to design jewellery. Bought tons of supplies but now I need to actually make something lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented. Very cool design.

    Happy belated birthday, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool! Never thought of that. Only problem, those designs are too awesome to risk by wearing the shoes!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to say something to me. I love hearing from you.