Content Warning

Greetings and Salutations.
Because my stories have bite, they can contain content that isn't suitable for work or children. Not a lot of truly graphic sex or violence, but there are some questionable or heated posts. F-bombs are not uncommon, so watch your footing.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Bacon and EtS

You know what's delicious?  Bacon.  I love bacon.  Could eat pounds and pounds of it.

Know what's not delicious?  Second degree burns.

I'm writing this Thursday night.  You're reading this Friday.  (oooh, I'm speaking from the past)  I made bacon, and was saving the grease to make bacon popcorn.  Setting the glass of sizzling grease to the side, I knocked it into the spigot.  My entire right index finger got covered in bacon grease.  A bit of my middle finger got it too.

Needless to say, it was some of the most excruciating pain I've been in.  Three hours later, with burn gel, I'm still having to keep it in ice water.  Expletives cannot describe this.  I've been burned before.  I've got an impressive little scar from a cigarette burn.  But this....this is terrible.  My finger is turning yellow, right by were one of my rings is.  Maybe it's a reaction to silver and grease.

Needless to say, no Morgan today.  So sorry my friends.  Typing the story one handed isn't happening.  I'll be having lots of fun at work, I'm sure.

If you want to keep up with me, stop by Embrace The Shadows to read an interview with me.