Content Warning

Greetings and Salutations.
Because my stories have bite, they can contain content that isn't suitable for work or children. Not a lot of truly graphic sex or violence, but there are some questionable or heated posts. F-bombs are not uncommon, so watch your footing.

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Featured author and random ramblings

So, Lily Oak at Hedge-Witchery liked me enough to put me up as one of her Featured Authors.  Squee!  Not just squee because I love attention (which I do), but because I feel honored.  Someone chose me.  I didn't ask.  She was so impressed with my writing, she did this on her own.

And that's bloody awesome.

I've been caught up with rewrites, and being sick, so I haven't done much of anything this week.  Of course, a lot of people are at the Romantic Times convention.  I can't wait until I'm at a point in my career that I can consider going to a convention.  Working full-time, and having people dependent on that income makes it a little hard to think about traveling and going to cons.

Skimming through author's blogs on one of my writing boards makes me realize something about myself; I don't really want to teach about writing, nor know how to.  I've been told I have a great voice when I'm making some statement, but I don't really feel it.  What room do I have to teach others?  I don't know how to explain what I do.  I've just been studying and working at writing for years.

Besides, there are others out there who can teach way better than I can.

My decision, then, is to not ever really post about how to write.  If prompted, I might talk about my own process, such as it is, but being a teacher just isn't in me.  Which is going to make my guest post in October really strange.  o,.,o